Training: MANAGEMENT 3.0 - AGILE LEADERSHIP PRACTICES
Bosnia Agile is organizing an exciting Management 3.0 course. Management 3.0 started out as a book of the same name written by leadership guru Jurgen Appelo back in 2010. Since then, Management 3.0 has become a global management movement.
This is a 3-day course which extends the standard two-day Management 3.0 training with an additional team building exercise day. During two-days of hands-on workshops that offer games, tools and best practices that project managers, team leaders, middle management and C-level execs can take back and use immediately to start increasing employee engagement and instigating change management today.
- Agile management is a proven approach to leadership and governance of creative teams and people. You will learn about different methods, popular practices, challenges in Agile adoption around the world, and the contribution of the manager and team leader in Agile organizations.
- Complexity thinking is the cornerstone of an Agile mindset. You will learn what complexity theory is, how to think in terms of systems, about the difference between complex and complicated, about fallacies of traditional linear thinking, and suggestions for complexity thinking.
- Intrinsic motivation is the reason people get out of bed in the morning. Since people are the most important parts of an organization and managers must do all they can to keep people active, creative, and motivated. You will learn about the difference between extrinsic motivation vs. intrinsic motivation, the ten intrinsic desires, and common techniques for understanding what is important to the people in your teams, such as one-on-one meetings, personal assessments, the 12 most important questions, and 360 degree evaluations.
- Self-organization can offer many answers when it comes to good management. Teams are able to self-organize, but this requires employee empowerment, authorization, and trust from management. You will learn how to make self-organization work, how to distribute authorization in an organization, the challenges of empowerment, how to grow relationships of trust, and several techniques for distributed control, such as the 7 levels of delegation, and authority boards.
- Goal setting is important, since self-organization can lead to anything. Therefore it’s necessary to protect people and shared resources, and to give people a clear purpose and defined goals. You will learn when to manage and when to lead, how to use different criteria to create useful goals, about the challenges around management by objectives, and how to protect people and shared resources from any bad effects of self-organization.
- Competence development is key when it comes to doing a good job. Teams are only able to achieve their goals if team members are capable enough, and managers must therefore contribute to the development of competence. You will learn how and when to apply the seven approaches of competence development, how to measure progress in a complex system, the effect of sub-optimization, and several tips for useful metrics.
- Organizational structures significantly impact how an organization works. Many teams operate within the context of a complex organization, and thus it is important to consider structures that enhance communication. You will learn how to grow an organizational structure as a fractal, how to balance specialization and generalization, how to choose between functional and cross-functional teams, about informal leadership and widening job titles, and about treating teams as value units in a value network.
- Change management is one of the things people in all kinds of organizations struggle with most. People, teams, and organizations need to improve continuously, in order to defer failure for as long as possible. In practice this means that managers and leaders must act as change agents, trying to change the social complex systems around them. You will learn about the 4 facets of change management, which address the system, the individuals, the interactions, and the boundary of the system.
The additional day will be used by team to enjoy in fun with an exciting rafting team building exercise. This is a unique opportunity to learn and have fun.
And we have more. YES, course attendees will also get one FREE ticket to one of the Sarajevo Film Festival movies.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND A MANAGEMENT 3.0?
Anyone who wants to be a better leader! We believe that management is not only the managers’ responsibility. It is everyone’s job!
If you’re a team leader, development manager, delivery manager, middle manager, CEO, human resources manager, project manager, product owner, agile developer, scrum master, or want to be a great people leader regardless of title, this workshop is for you!
An official Management 3.0 certificate will be issued upon course completion and a copy of the book “How to Change The World” by Jurgen Appelo. You can also earn Category B 16 PMI PDUs. For details see here.
No practical experience with Agile methods is necessary, though some familiarity with Agile principles and practices is useful.
Eager to learn more about Scrum, the most popular agile framework? Join us on our Scrum Masterclass training that will be held prior to this training, on August 14th-15th.
The training will be delivered in English.
DATES AND LOCATION
August 16th-18th 2015
Academy 387, Bosmal Bld. Tower 1, 4th floor
Milana Preloga 12
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
(transport to the rafting location included)
Regular Fee: 1669 BAM (850 €) + 17% VAT
Bosnia Agile members get additional 50 € discount for all types of registration.
Companies with 4 or more registered individuals get additional 10% discount.
The number of participants is limited.
1. Click on the registration link and submit the registration form
2. Pay the training fee.
Bank name: UniCredit Bank d.d
Bank address: UniCredit Bank d.d, Kardinala Stepinca b.b, 88 000 Mostar, Bosna i Hercegovina
Account number: 3387202206363167
Recipient: Udruženje za podršku razvoju agilnih metoda u BiH (exact wording is required)
Address: Milana Preloga 12, 71000 Sarajevo, BiH
Purpose: Attending "Management 3.0" training
EUR IBAN: BA39 3387 2048 0636 4553
USD IBAN: BA39 3387 2048 0639 8503
“Ralph and I have worked together on Scrum over the last several years. I can highly recommend him to anyone who wants to apply Scrum to gain agility. He is knowledgeable both in management practices, as well in the best ways for developers to work within a Scrum environment.”
-- Ken Schwaber, Inventor of Scrum
- Conference: BOSNIA AGILE DAY 2019 (October 19, 2019)
- Training: SCRUM PRODUCT OWNER (2 days) (August 10, 2018 09:00)
- Training: SCRUM PRODUCT OWNER (February 02, 2018 09:00)
- Meetup: TOOLS AND PRACTICES FOR SUCCESS: TRELLO + JIRA + SCRUM (January 16, 2018 11:30)
- Training: AGILE PROJECT MANAGEMENT FOR CLIENTS (November 29, 2017 10:00)
- Meetup: LEAN PROCESS + JIRA SERVICE DESK IMPLEMENTATION: EXAMPLES OF BUSINESS AGILITY IN FINANCIAL SERVICES (November 28, 2017 17:00)
- Training: AGILE PROJECT MANAGEMENT (PMI-ACP EXAM PREP) (October 23, 2017 09:00)
- Training: INTEGRATED AGILE TRANSFORMATION MODEL™ (October 20, 2017 09:00)
- Meetup: MANAGING SOFTWARE PRODUCT VERSIONING WITH GITFLOW, VSTS AND SOURCETREE (October 05, 2017 17:00)
- Conference: INTERNET OF THINGS Summit 2017 (May 11, 2017 09:00)
- Training: PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS ANALYST (PMI-PBA EXAM PREP) (March 30, 2017 09:00)
- Training: AGILE PROJECT MANAGEMENT (PMI-ACP EXAM PREP) (March 27, 2017 09:00)
- Training: BA SCRUM PRODUCT OWNER (January 20, 2017 09:00)
- Conference: BOSNIA AGILE DAY 2016 (October 15, 2016)
- Training: AGILE PROJECT MANAGEMENT (PMI-ACP EXAM PREP) (October 13, 2016 11:00)
- Training: SCRUM MASTERCLASS (September 19, 2016 11:00)
- Training: BA SCRUM PRODUCT OWNER (July 07, 2016 11:00)
- Meetup: PUBLIC SECTOR AGILITY (April 08, 2016 16:30)
- Meetup: SCALED AGILE FRAMEWORK 4.0 (March 22, 2016 18:30)
- Meetup: AGILE IMPLEMENTATION OF PACKAGED SOFTWARE (February 24, 2016 18:00)
- Training: SCRUM MASTERCLASS (February 24, 2016 10:00)
- Training: PROCUREMENT AND AGILE PROJECT MANAGEMENT OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT (December 14, 2015 11:00)
- Training: AGILE FOR MANAGEMENT (October 19, 2015 11:00)
- Conference: BOSNIA AGILE DAY 2015 (October 17, 2015)
- Conference: UNLOCKING THE POTENTIAL OF THE INTERNET OF THINGS (August 20, 2015 19:00)
- Training: MANAGEMENT 3.0 - AGILE LEADERSHIP PRACTICES (August 16, 2015 10:30)
- Training: SCRUM MASTERCLASS (August 14, 2015 11:00)
- Meetup: AGILE REQUIREMENTS ENGINEERING (July 22, 2015 19:00)